Summer activities in nature
Take advantage of the last warm and sunny days
With the Schueberfouer starting and it being the end of August, summer will soon be over. So, why not take advantage of the last warm and sunny days to spend them outdoors in nature? There are plenty of summer activities, from relaxing to more intense, from requiring a few hours to maybe several days, from being free to requiring some money out of your pocket.
- The easiest summer activity in nature is for sure going for a picnic in the closest park. You don’t need much, just some sandwiches, some drinks, a good mood and a couple of friends! It doesn’t take long, maybe a few hours, depending on your mood and it is totally relaxing. If you are a lazy person who enjoys being outdoors, a picnic in the park is perfect for you.
- If it is particularly sunny and hot, why not going to the nearest lake for a swim and a tan? Don’t forget your blanket, towels, some snacks, drinks, a book and your swimsuit, of course!
- If you are not so lazy, but rather energetic, go for a hike or a mountain bike tour? You get to explore beautiful nature, while you get your workout for the day done! Don’t forget to bring lots of water!
- If you have more money to spend and are looking for some more adrenaline, why not going for some water sports, such as jet skiing? You sure have to spent more, than going for a picnic with your friends in the park, but if you have some spare money, why not push your boundaries and give it a try? You will definitely feel refreshed!
- If you’re an adventurous person, another activity you must try at least once in your lifetime is going in a hot air balloon. I have never done it, but really wish I could do it once! It must be great to be in the air and to see the beauty of nature from above. Again, if you are willing to spend some money, then this is definitely something I would do.
- If you are a nature lover, you can simply go camping for a few days, and at the same time combine all the other activities – either way, whatever you do, it is an activity in the nature ;)
These are just some ideas for summer activities in nature that can be done almost everywhere and yes also in small Luxembourg! ;) All it takes is a bit of research and maybe contacting your local tourist office. Whichever activity you pick, don’t forget to bring your camera to immortalize those moments! You will definitely enjoy looking at them later!