Cozy and stylish
How to style the turtleneck
The temperatures quickly dropped over the last few weeks and it definitely feels like Winter is on its way. Which is good actually, I am so looking forward to it. I can't wait to stay cozy, hide under layers of clothes, drink hot chocolates, read books, eat comfort food… Plus it means the Holiday season is about to start. When I say that I'm thinking Christmas shopping, Holiday parties... It's all so exciting don't you think?
So let's talk fashion. It's cold outside, yes. But it doesn't mean you can't look stylish. After being off the radar for a while, the turtleneck has been back in every fashionista’s closet! And when styled the right way, it makes you look cool and feel warm! So if you want to be cozy AND look good, I would suggest you invest in a few turtlenecks asap!
Don’t restrict your cozy sweaters and turtlenecks to weekends: start styling them for work meetings and fancy events! You can combine them with jeans/pants and stylish flats during the day, it's the perfect outfit to wear at the office, or with a skirt and high heels for a more trendy and elegant look.
Here are a few tips I would like to share with you on how to style the turtleneck properly for a cozy yet stylish look:
- make a light dress work for the cold weather by layering a turtleneck over it. Add a pair of over the knee boots.
- combine an oversized knit turtleneck to jeans or leather pants to look cool and trendy. Wear this outfit with high heels.
- a turtleneck sweater dress can also be fun to wear and accessorize. You add tights and boots.
- add a beanie and a scarf to your turtleneck when it's really cold to stay warm and cozy, choose these accessories printed or colourful for a trendy look.
- layer with a leather jacket, an oversized blazer, a parka, a denim jacket or any coat.
Wanna know what my favorite look is? A chunky knit turtleneck combined to leather pants. Cozy and stylish. And in these pictures you can see how great it looks over an oversized blouse with jeans or a skirt.
Style icons like Audrey Hepburn and Phoebe Philo have proved that to be cozy and stylish there is nothing better than a turtleneck!